Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wow! That's Crazy!

Here we go. T- minus seven hours and counting until Courtney and Sonya's "adventure" begins.  We're taking a roadtirp from Kansas City to Kingsport, Tennessee. Not just any roadtrip, but a 12 hour funfest with just the two of us and our four three-year-olds.  When I've mentioned our plans to others, without fail, the response has either been "Wow!" and/or "That's Crazy" (with a few variations including "Wow, that's crazy.", "Are you crazy?" or even "Wow, you're crazy."

It makes me chuckle to think about it.  I wouldn't call what we are doing a vacation.  Really, now. Did you hear the part about FOUR  three-year-olds? 

We are going to visit another mom of twins with another set of 3 year olds, plus a one-year-old who recently moved from our area to Tennessee.  Yes, that's right: 3 moms, 3 sets of 3-year old twins plus a one-year-old.  So while we expect to have a great time reconnecting and enjoying each others company, to call it a vacation doesn't really seem fitting. So we began calling our impending trip "our adventure." 
I think the only real vacations to be had while we are gone will be those experienced by our husbands staying behind.  I already warned my love that if he took a week of vacation from work while I was gone, I would likely return to kick his butt.   He jokes (and he better be joking) that he and his friend are heading west to visit Arches National Park and to see the premier of the final Harry Potter movie while we are gone.  Those would NOT be wise things to do in my absence.  Don't get me wrong, I want him to have a relaxing time while he gets a quiet house to himself for the first time in three years, but seeing the last HP movie without me would cross the line.

Back to the point at hand, I must be a little crazy. Because, truth be told, I am really looking forward to our  adventure.  And now with bags left to pack and a departure time estimated at 6 a.m. the wow factor and craziness is getting even closer.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment